Remote Finance Jobs
Remote work has become increasingly prevalent in recent years. It provides employees with a more flexible work schedule, can reduce the stress of commuting and even save companies money. If you’re particularly interested in focusing your MBA on finance, you might want to think about remote finance jobs.
Why work from home?
In today’s global climate, more people are finding that working from home is more beneficial than the traditional office job. However, this is not a viable option for all jobs. Some careers simply require that you show up to an office everyday- which can still be a great experience. 4.3 million Americans worked remotely on at least a part time basis and work at home programs have seen a 173% increase since 2005. It has fast become a popular option for small businesses particularly those involved in IT or technology services. But why is it such a popular option?
Owl Labs conducted a survey of various surveys to determine the state of remote work in the United States heading into 2020. From these surveys, they determined the following benefits:
- Remote workers earn salaries higher than $100,000/year, 2.2x more frequently than on-site workers.
- Remote workers say they’re happy in their jobs 29% more than on-site workers — 71% of remote workers say they’re happy in their job, and only 55% of on-site workers say they’re happy in their job.
- 40% of global companies are hybrid (the ability to work from home or in-person depending on employee preference).
- Small companies are twice as likely to hire remote employees.
- Every year, U.S. remote workers prevent 3.6 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions from entering the atmosphere by not commuting.
- A study of 25,000 workers found that nearly 3 in 4 respondents say remote work helps them with work/life balance.
- Working remotely allows employees to better care for their families, especially those who have children.
These are just some of the many benefits one can obtain from working remotely. Most companies also have a higher incentive to offer remote positions for their employees as they can then save on fixed overhead costs such as rent and office space.
Best remote jobs
One of the best fields to find remote work in could be finance. Most finance jobs typically can be conducted from a computer with internet connection. For example, one of the more common remote jobs within finance is accounting. Plenty of accountants work from home for clients across the globe because all they require to do their job is the financial reports of their clients- no face to face interactions required. Additionally, communicating over phone or video calls is increasingly common and often more than sufficient.
Getting a job in finance
A job in finance will provide you with the opportunity to work with various departments such as payroll and accounting. Getting your MBA is one of the best ways to obtain a career in finance. You can even specialize your MBA towards finance, but that is not required.
Typical jobs for finance MBAs include:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Advising
Further, in keeping with the remote work theme, you can opt to get your MBA in Finance online. Online university is a great option for creating a flexible work/life balance while still getting your degree.
Even if you are unsure if remote work is for you, having an MBA will at least enable you to work for a business which offers it (or even become self-employed and work for clients on a contract basis).
As the world continues to modernize and become more globally interconnected, remote work not only becomes more popular but in some cases can also be a necessity for some businesses. Regardless, getting your MBA may be the best first step you can take towards a career in finance. Want to learn more about all things business? Check out our blog! Or, if you would like to learn more about getting your MBA, visit our guides for more information.